Apr 29, 2010

Rebounding!!!

No, I am not talking about immediately dating another man after you break up with your loser man.

I'm talking about JUMPING!  ON A TRAMPOLINE!  It's more fun than when you did it as a kid, because now it serves a purpose that we all want.... AN EXCELLENT, FUN WORKOUT!

So, previously a huge fan of kickboxing, but not wanting to be so jarring on my spine, due to a herniated disc surgery, I was, actually chaning in the locker room one night, when a woman ran in to change hurriedly.  She asked if I was also in a rush to get to Jim's class.  I wasn't, but she said it was such a fun workout, and that you dripped with sweat.  So, I just went.  Even showing up late, I knew from the start, this was going to be amazing. 

So, about forty or so mini trampolines are set up around the floor, pop music mixes are played, that the class also chants along to at key chorus lines.  You are told to jump slightly, so you rebound back to the trampoline, and work your muscles while controlling your jumps.  You truly have no idea you are even working out, it is so fun.  Girls even go in groups, and add their own dance-like movements to some of the basic jumps.

Also found this website detailing the health benefits; you MUST try this!

http://www.healingdaily.com/exercise/rebounding-for-detoxification-and-health.htm

ENORMOUS calorie-burning FUN!  Several gyms in the city offer this class, and I have attended the New York Health and Raquet Club's Wednesday night class.  I ate it up!  I am instantly addicted.
FYI; this is not me.
Mangia!